Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Atlanta Krunk Wolverines


I love ragging on the Charlotte/Atlanta Krunk although I have to give it to them, the logo is looking much better. Still not very good, but at the very least, it's now presentable.

Now, if you are a little confused about the Wolverines part of their name, so am I. Apparently they will be known as the Atlanta Krunk Wolverines, in honor of their home court at Morris Brown College. Actually, from what I read, in honor is a nice way of saying they bought Morris Brown's old basketball uniforms and they happen to say Wolverines on the front of them, hence the new nickname. However, the website and the new logo don't mention the Wolverines, so where do we stand?

But there is some even bigger news to be had on the Krunk website. Maybe he has been a part of the team the entire time and I just didn't notice, but C&C Music Factory leader Freedom Williams has signed on as the team's Vice President. Talk about something that makes you say hmmmmm... (I sincerely apologize, I am ashamed).

And here I thought that the Hollywood Fame was the most star studded minor league basketball team that may or may not play this season. Spyder Hughes AND Freedom Williams? I for one cannot wait for the halftime shows or when Zelma Davis lip synchs Martha Wash's version of the national anthem. Now that is going to be Krunk.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the music note. Would that be Freedom Williams' nod back to his history?

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Joshua Blevins Peck said...

I hate this team name and the logo is getting better you say? I'm glad I don't remember the other one if this is the good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home