Tuesday, April 12, 2005

San Luis Potosi Tuneros

I found this logo for the San Luis Potosi Tuneros of the Mexican Baseball League while surfing around on OurSportsCentral this evening and I've been trying to figure out what Tuneros means ever since. Can you tell what it is by just looking at it? I sure as hell can't.

I first thought maybe it was a waffle but that didn't seem to make any sense. Could it possibly be a bathmat? Cheddar Cheese? A really bad infection?

Apparently it's none of these things. After a Spanish to English dictionary proved ineffective I just happened to click on a stats page on the Mexican League website and I finally got my answer. Tuneros means Cactus Pear Growers in English.

That sure is one ugly cactus pear grower. Although I can see how this "cheesy" logo might be pretty "infectious". Ha ha!

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the Mexican version of SPONGEBOB!!!!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi im julie and tuneros means "tunas"
umm its like this mexican fruit...

have you heard of tomateros thats a baseball team for sinaloa...well its the same but people from S.L.P are Tuneros :) and its not a sponge bob its "TUNA"

email:juliealeman@ymail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home