Friday, February 02, 2007

Brazos Valley Bombers

Oh Texas, why do you force yourself into the background of almost every single one of your state's sports team logos (that isn't true, I just review all the ones that do)? It's too bad, because quite often, the logos themselves are just fine.

The Brazos Valley Bombers logo is a great example of this. I like the script, I like the bomber and I really like the baseball bombs, but the outline of Texas in the background doesn't work for me.

Maybe it's because I don't like the way that they made the outline fit around the script instead of just letting it overlap. Or maybe it's because I think that it is unnecessary for a team that plays in a league composed totally of other teams from Texas to use the state's outline as a geographic signifier. Or maybe it's because I spent the worst summer of my life in Texas and I have a very negative reaction to that state in general.

No matter what the reason is, and it's probably a whole bunch of all the above, the State of Texas needs to stop making me dislike otherwise decent logos. Or at least be willing to go over the top with it like my favorite Texas logo and one of my favorite logos of all time, the San Angelo Saints. Now that's the way to use the State of Texas in a logo.

Team: Brazos Valley Bombers
League: Texas Collegiate Baseball League
Location: Bryan, Texas
Stadium: Travis Field
Cheerleaders: The Bombshells (I think they are supposed to be cheerleaders)
Mascot: Kaboom
Online Store: The Bombshelter - T-shirts with Texas, hats without.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with you...state outline aside, this is an outstanding logo!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, the bombshells are not supposed to be cheerleaders...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home