Saturday, July 15, 2006

2007 MLB All-Star Game


A big thanks to David for pointing out that the San Francisco Giants unveiled the 2007 MLB All-Star Game logo this week. And like he said, it is pretty darn good. Definitely a big improvement over the horrendous 2006 All-Star logo.

Actually, I only have one complaint about this logo, otherwise, I love it. My complaint is pretty silly, really. I don't like that the arc of the baseball looks like it was thrown from rightfield rather than hit out of the park. However, it may have looked really bad with a full, true arc. This was probably the only way to work it in, so I'm ok with it.

My brother just moved to the Bay Area and I have never been to an All-Star game. Even when the Mariners hosted the game, I was living in Texas, so I missed all of those festivities. I might have to rent myself a kayak for the homerun derby. I can only imagine the madness that McCovey's Cove will be that night, I bet it would be a blast!

Worst. Pun. Ever. Sorry.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poster design is very similar to a series of posters done featuring National Parks around the San Francisco Area (Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz, Muirwoods).

http://www.parksconservancy.org/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=11 (Link featuring these Art Deco-inspired designs)

All the posters have a classic elegance to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home