Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Youngstown SteelHounds

The Central Hockey League's newest member revealed their nickname and logo today. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, the Youngstown SteelHounds! Sorry about the small logo, it's only their first day and I couldn't find a bigger one.

I'm having a very hard time with this logo. I'm not really sure what to make of it. It's just so, well, I don't know, confusing. There are some things that I really don't like, for example the random hockey sticks underneath the lettering. What are they supposed to be? The only reason they are there, I think, is to make sure people understand that this is a hockey team.

And the name. This happens so often in hockey where a team just arbitrarily combines two words. Usually it is something like the IceHogs or IceGators so at least it isn't the IceHounds, although Steel is used quite often because it refers to the blades on ice skates. But anyway, why can't it be two words? The Steel Hounds. That looks much, much better.

All that being said, I don't hate this logo or name. Why, I can't say. It's just different and kind of cool. I especially like the colors. The brown (technically rust) works really well with the navy and gray and makes for some interesting looking jerseys. The white one they have a picture of on the CHL website doesn't look that great but the navy jerseys should look really nice.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home