Friday, August 22, 2008

We Want Cave Shimp! We Want Cave Shrimp!

The Sports Logo Pundit is back! Recent emails from a couple of baseball front office folks has rekindled my interest in this blog and it's about time I got it going again. I'm not going to lie, I got a little tired of sports logos. Couple that boredom with a brand new baby in the house and you should be able to understand why you haven't heard much from me. I can't promise tons of posts or greatness, but you can expect at least a few posts each week. We'll just have to see how it goes.

One of the biggest reasons that I'm back is to encourage everybody to vote. Now I'm not talking presidential politics, I could care less. No, I'm talking big important stuff - like what to call the new Bowling Green, Kentucky baseball team. And I'm not doing this as a public service, I'm here to rally the troops for one name in particular...



"Bowling Green Cave Shrimp
Mammoth Cave, located near Bowling Green, is home to the endangered Kentucky Cave Shrimp, a sightless albino shrimp. The blind cave shrimp has been registered as an endangered species since 1983."

I haven't felt this strongly about a name the team contest since the GBL thought about naming one of their teams the Surprise Desert Penguins.

Please click here to go vote for the Cave Shrimp. Come on...do it for the Sports Logo Pundit. He needs the Cave Shrimp to win.

Picture stolen from Bus League Baseball who is also behind the Cave Shrimp name 100%


3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Brett McGinness said...

Glad the blog is back... looks like I got to the Bowling Green site too late to vote for Cave Shrimp, though...

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Go here and you can buy a hat for this. the web page are the people that have been creating all the new minor league baseball stuff. Awesome site and stuff.

http://shop.theclinkroom.com/products/blind-cave-shrimp-phase-i

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous nfl survivor pool said...

I enjoyed reading your post. Good to know that you are back. I will put my vote to Cave Shimp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home