Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Oakland County Cruisers

What a down December for The Sports Logo Pundit. Not a way to end a pretty good year overall. Oh well, I hope to get back on the horse starting next week.

Until then, I would like to blow your mind with what is perhaps the saddest logo contest that I have ever come across. Last week, the Frontier League announced that in 2009 the Oakland County Cruisers would be joining the league. Never mind the fact that they don't yet have a ballpark, they have more than a year to get that done. But they did eschew the normal name-the-team contest and skipped straight to the logo selection process...


Oh boy, how will I ever choose? Do I go with the most horrible neon green in both baseball and automobile history or with the nearly unreadable scripts complete with gradients? And as a fan of rec league softball t-shirts, I'm really all about the clip-art background designs, it's about time someone brought these back to professional baseball.


Team: Oakland County Cruisers
League: Frontier League
Location: Waterford, Michigan
Merchandise: Sweet! You can buy shirts with at least three of the logo choices on them.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are one angry dude...are you one of those frustrated sports fans with no love from women?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

That's me! I'm a big angry dude that gets no love from the women at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home