Monday, October 15, 2007

SBCC vs. VC - La Playa Stadium

I took in a community college football game this weekend up in Santa Barbara. The reason? Because I've wanted to see a game at La Playa Stadium on the campus of Santa Barbara City College, a stadium that probably has one of the most beautiful views in all of college football.

It just so happened that when I finally had a chance to go to La Playa Stadium, my hometown Ventura College Pirates were playing. I'm glad that there was an incredible view because a 7-3 game isn't exactly riveting football. But the Pirates did pick up the victory, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Anyway, here are some pictures from La Playa Stadium. Try to tell me that there is a stadium with a better view than this...





This was taken during halftime. The VC team didn't go back to a locker room, I'm not sure that there is a visitor's locker room, so they just went on the other side of the track and spread out on the grass. That's the first time I ever saw that. You gotta love community college football.




Aww...Only at a college football game in Santa Barbara. Purse dogs love football!

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be an awesome tailgating scene. Party at the beach, then head to the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home