Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Welcome! / 2007 Bigger Dance

First of all, I'd like to welcome Nick over at Logo Quality Control to the sports logo reviewing game. He is going to be focusing on Minor League Baseball logos. He joins myself and the Bush League Factor (who reviews hockey logos) as the only sports logo review blogs that I have found so far. There are a lot of message boards but very few blogs, which is the main reason I started The Sports Logo Pundit a couple years ago.

Tomorrow we'll start our post-NCAA Tournament reviewing (I realize that's pretty much all I've done lately, it's my favorite time of the year so it's hard not to talk about it), but first I bring you something that I originally posted over at my other blog Down With Pants!...

Calling all meatheads! Seattle's sports radio station KJR has opened up the brackets for the 2007 Bigger Dance pitting 64 of the hottest pop culture females against each other in a battle to determine who is, and I feel really gross just typing this, "The Queen of the Hardwood," yuck, I feel all slimy.

This annual "wacky morning show guy" tournament is a favorite of mine and it isn't because I am a massive chauvinist who loves to objectify the accomplishments of women, that's only part of it. The biggest reason I enter this contest every year is because the grand prize winner gets two tickets to any sporting event anywhere in the world. I never have figured out where I would go if I won, but there are some options that just blow my mind and the possibility of winning makes it too good of a prize to not enter.

My final four is Gisele Bundchen vs. Jessica Biel and Eva Mendes vs. Jessica Alba (last years winner) to set up an all Jessica final with Jessica Biel winning the championship. If you've seen the preview for the new Adam Sandler/Kevin James movie I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (click here to watch), you know why I am picking her to "go all the way" (ick).

I was thinking about setting up a Down With Pants! pool, so if you want to sign up and compete for a trip to any sporting event anywhere, leave me a comment or email me and I will invite you to my pool. If you do sign up here's a little tip, for some crazy reason Elin Nordgren, Tiger Wood's wife, always does really well. Don't ask me why.

So, like I said, if you are interested in signing up, please leave me a comment with your email address or email me with your information and I will add you to the pool.


4 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Thanks for the link. I'm actually surprised there aren't more logo review sites. But that's a good thing.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the deadline to enter the bigger dance is Thursday April 12 at 6:30 a.m.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FILL OUT YOUR 950 KJR BIGGER DANCE BRACKET NOW!
Deadline is April 12 at 6:30am!

Go to www.950kjr.com to fill out your bracket!

You could win a trip to ANY sporting event in the WORLD!

Good luck choosing your 2007 Queen of the Hardwood!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous WLSJHNN@AOL.COM said...

I ALL READY HAD FILL OUT MY BRACKET
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR SCORES AND SETTING,S JOHNNIE WILSON.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home