Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Everett Aquasox

I got an email earlier this week from Dan (thanks Dan!) requesting that I review the Everett Aquasox logo. Unfortunately, I will have to abstain from making a true judgment because I am extremely biased. You see, just for fun, kind of a as a hobby, I spent the 2004 season working as an usher for the Aquasox. It had a great time even though I got stuck out in the bleachers on most nights (lots and lots of unruly kids running around), so I have a big soft spot in my heart for their logo.


Here's me as the "Fantastic Frog", AKA, employee of the previous night.


Me and the Aquasox mascots, Frank and Webbly. Webbly tried to get a little fresh.

One thing that I can say about the Aquasox logo is this, it is extremely popular amongst their fans. Sometimes we look at a logo and don't understand that just because it doesn't do anything for us doesn't mean that it doesn't work for the team. I think that's what a lot of people see when they look at the Aquasox logo. They see a nickname that isn't really a word and a frog with two big red eyes and four red feet catching a baseball.

But what you don't see is how kids and adults alike respond to the logo and everything that goes with it when you are actually at the game. It just works and that, as a fan of logos, is all you can really ask for.

Team: Everett Aquasox
League: Northwest League
Location: Everett, Washington
Stadium: Everett Memorial Field - best ballpark anywhere for kids
Mascots: Frank and Webbly
Online Store: Their hats are cheaper than other websites

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Carl said...

Hey, I've been to an AquaSox game. I seem to recall some scam in which they had "The Trash Man" come out, and they encouraged kids to help pick up trash. C'mon kids, it's fun!

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of the Aquasox logo. I think it's the color scheme that bothers me most though. Uck!

Jess
http://www.vintageseattle.org/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home