Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fort Wayne Fusion - UPDATE!


From my February 12th review of the Fort Wayne Fusion's logo - "I keep thinking that this is a temporary logo and the real thing is on it's way"

I'm so happy to announce that the feeling that I had in the pit of my stomach when I saw the awful, disgusting Fusion "eyeball" logo was correct. Earlier this week the team released a new logo and identity that is much more pleasing to the eye.

I really like the lettering used on the script. It gives it both a retro and modern look all at the same time. And the "FW" logo that is featured on the helmets is one of the most creative two letter combinations that I have seen in a long time. It would make an interesting cap logo for a baseball team.

However, I don't like the dot on the "I", it looks more like a snowflake than anything. Part of the problem with the name in general is that the concept of fusion is hard to visualize and so far they haven't figured out a way to successfully present fusion graphically.

I also don't like how burnt the burnt orange is. It makes the purple look muted, almost more like it's a navy blue. As much as I didn't like the old logo, I feel like they should have found a way to split the difference between the orange in that logo and the burnt orange featured here. Instead of jumping off the page the way that it should with a brighter orange, it just kind of lazily lays there, despite the improvements.

I'm hoping that my power is so great that within the next few days the Fusion will re-release this logo with an improved color scheme. Why not? It worked last time.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger kapgar said...

On a theme with this team name, can you do a review of the Springfield Isotopes?

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home