Monday, January 08, 2007

Florida Firecats

I'm taking a pledge to you, my readers. I pledge to write at least four posts every week. Reviews will be short and sweet most of the time unless something really gets me going and most reviews will be completely random, no news needed or back story involved, just my gut reaction to the logo at first look.

So, welcome to the first Sports Logo Pundit post of the 2007...
I don't know about you, but purple and red doesn't scream fire to me and the white Firecats font looks more like it belongs to a hockey team. Perhaps they were once affiliated with the Florida Icecats, a fictional hockey team that I just made up for the purposes of this review.

No, wait, there already is a Florida Ice Cats and they appear to be the slingshot team for the Florida Panthers, so that theory has been shot clear out of the water.

I like the design of the red part of the cat itself, it's a shame that we have seen it before on many, many other logos. But I don't like the extra bit that's supposed to make it look symmetrical. It makes it look flat and slow instead of full of action.

The only other good thing I can say about this logo is that at least they didn't go with FireCats. Fire Cats would have preferable, but I can deal with Firecats as a name.

Team: Florida Firecats
League: af2 - 2004 Arenacup Champions
Location: Estero, Florida - Between Naples and Fort Myers
Arena: Germain Arena - Listed as TECO Arena on the poorly maintained Firecats website.
Cheerleading Squad: FireKittens
Mascot: This thing
Online Store: Coming Soon - Doubtful given the state of their website.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lYeah, over one year later and still no online store. Just in case you wanted one of those Florida Firecats shirts or something. Not that I did, but just, ya know, in case someone else did. Yeah, that's it, as a public service for the purple and red fire/ice cats. Like the Pat Benetar song from the 80's fire and ice.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Tom FL said...

Here's my first post, as ordered, lol. Do you know of any good sports events that are coming to Germain Arena, FL? I think the Ice Cats are out for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home