Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Anaheim Arsenal


I hate to continue to rip on the City of Anaheim...wait, no I don't. I hate Anaheim. At least I hate the fans of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Rich, white, know nothing about baseball, lemmings every single one of them. One of the worst fan experiences I have ever had at a ballpark. What a bunch of idiots.

What does that have to do with the Anaheim Arsenal? Nothing, other than the fact that they play in Anaheim, I just wanted to say it. Actually, I have been pretty interested in the new D-League team locating in Anaheim because I really like the Anaheim Convention Center as a basketball arena. We went to the Big West Championship game there earlier this year and had a great time. We parked over at Downtown Disney, had a couple of beers at the ESPN Zone and did a little drunk walk over to the arena. It was one of the best fan experiences I have ever had.

So I was very disappointed to see the logo that the Arsenal released recently. It is a disaster. A big capital "A" and a swooshing basketball and that's it? Didn't I use that logo a few years ago for my ESPN fantasy basketball team? Did someone get paid for this crap? I hope they weren't getting paid by the hour, because there is no way that they spent more than five minutes developing this logo.

Why do so many teams that need to make a big splash in their community to be successful insist on saddling themselves with forgettable, throwaway logos? First the Bakersfield Jam and now the Anaheim Arsenal and soon the Los Angeles team. The California wing of the D-Leagues logos are awful. I just don't get it.

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to even give your comments on the Angels fans a serious thought. You must be another water logged rained-out Mariners lover.
Oops, I forgot that that hell whole we up here call a stadium has a retractable roof now. Nice train whistles! At least they drown out the sound of gun fire.
I guess you only enjoy a ballpark where the fans wear flannel plaid shirts and have beards. That goes for some of the male fans here in Seattle too.

It doesn't make a person a lemming because they like to take their families to a ball game where they feel safe and won't get mugged in the parking lot. Not like down at the docks here in Seattle. That area is awful and now matter how much paint we throw around the area it will always be seedy! Not all Angel’s fans are white either. You sound like a typical Northwest racist.
People with views like yours are scary!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

cuckoo, cuckoo!

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one Arsenal, and they are a Premiership football club in London.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home