Saturday, July 02, 2005

Lancaster Barnstormers

Today's random review is of one of my favorite new logos in baseball this season. The Lancaster Barnstomers of the Atlantic League went for simple yet striking and have pulled it off quite nicely.

First of all, I love the cursive uppercase "L" on just about anything. I always wished that my name began with an "L" so I could write it super fancy like that. I really like the simplicity of this logo. It's nothing fancy but still is very striking because of the angles the script creates and the contrast between the background colors and the white lettering.

And I like that they didn't force anything. They could have had a pig or a cow or some other barnyard animal front and center on their logo but they held back and reserved that for the kid's page on their website. It takes a lot of restraint to not use a cartoon figure on your caps anymore. It makes a for a very wearable logo for both adults and children.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home