Sunday, April 17, 2005

UC Santa Barbara Gauchos



First of all, to some of the regular readers of the Sports Logo Pundit, please let me apologize. I'm getting married in three weeks and we are into the real meat of the preparation thus drastically cutting into my blogging time. Sorry about the lack of updates, things will get better at some time. Of course, after I get married we head out on our honeymoon and then my wife will graduate from medical school and then we will be moving to Ventura, California so don't really expect too much out of me until we get down to Southern California.

Which brings us to today's logo. Ventura is located about 20 minutes south of Santa Barbara and, after reading up on the subject, UC Santa Barbara appears to be the closest Division I college to my new home. So, by default, I'm going to be a big fan of the Gauchos. Not that that's a bad thing. It looks like UCSB has some great facilities and devoted fans and really, thats what's important.


But let's be honest, this logo is iffy at best and my new found love for UCSB is hindered a bit by it. I think the name Gauchos is great but such a unique name deserves a better logo. Something more dynamic, something more exciting, something more....well, just something more, like a body for instance.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm a huge college basketball nerd and when the Cal Poly Mustangs or UC Irvine Anteaters (now that's a great name!) come rolling into town I'll be right there with the rest of the Guachos Locos with this lame logo emblazoned across my chest. Go Gauchos!

By the way, I stole this picture from UCSBStuff.com which has a really large selection of UCSB merchandise including a replica basketball jersey. I've been looking for smaller colleges that sell their basketball jerseys online and this is one of the first ones I've found. If you know of anywhere else to find small college basketball jerseys or baseball jerseys, please let me know. I found a great place to find small college football jerseys, Athlete-Tech.com (which is where I got my Bowling Green football jersey from and you could pick up your Indiana State or William Jewell jerseys from) but basketball and baseball jerseys seem to be more elusive.


Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home