Thursday, April 28, 2005

Southwest Louisiana Swashbucklers


While searching for a schedule for the new Everett Hawks football team I just happened to notice the Swashbucklers name at the top of the National Indoor Football League's homepage and had to see the logo. I love skulls and crossbones and all of that pirate crap and I thought the
Southwest Louisiana Swashbucklers would probably be right up my alley.

The primary logo is pictured on the right and it's alright. It's a very simple logo that looks like it would probably be better suited for a baseball team. In fact, I've been racking my brain and searching the internet to find a logo for a baseball team that looks very similar. I can't seem to find it anywhere and it's starting to drive me crazy. I want to say that the team was called the Sultans but I'm not totally sure. If anyone knows, please leave me a comment.

The other logos and accoutrements on the Swashbucklers website are what I like. For example, the skull and swords at the top of this post with the lacing down the head. Classic! Nothing says pirate football like that. There's also a t-shirt on the website with a very poorly drawn skull and crossbones that looks more like a gorilla head than a pirate. But it's still pretty menacing and perfect for fans of indoor football.


Plus the team's fan club is called the Scurvy Dogs. You gotta love that.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! - Of course as soon as I published this, I found the logo I was talking about on Logo Server. It's the Springfield Sultans of the Midwest League. It's not really that similar but it's no wonder that the Swashbucklers logo reminded me of it.


Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home